It is a mini Briefcase Alarm equipped with a keypad to set your personal secret code. It detects Un-authorized movements to your briefcase and/or other valuable belongings. There are three different alarm sounds and alarm time settings for you to select.
Installation & Operation:
- Unscrew the battery cover on the back of the Briefcase Alarm.
- Follow the polarity instructions positive (+), negative (-) inside the battery compartment and install 3pcs of fresh AG13/1.5V batteries (included).
- Replace the battery cover and screw.
How to Set the Personal Secret Code?
- After installing 3pcs of AG13/1.6V batteries, the RED LED will flash continuously.
- Choose a 4-degit secret code and then press this code on the front panel buttons of Briefcase Alarm. Please DO NOT includes F as your secret code. ONLY use digits as your secret code. For example, 1111 or 1231…etc.
- After pressing the selected 4-digit secret code, you will hear 4 beeps and RED LED will stop flashing. At this point the secret code has been successfully set.
How to Change/Reset the Personal Secret Code?
- Make sure the Briefcase Alarm is not in ARMED mode.
- Press F and the present 4-digit secret code.
- You will hear 4 short beeps and see the RED LED flash continuously.
- Press a new 4-digit secret code and 4 long beeps will sound to indicate that the new 4-digit secret code has been successfully set.
- If the new 4-digit secret code is not keyed-in within 5 seconds or within the time period of RED LED flashes, the new 4-digit code will not be successfully set and you will need to restart the Change/Reset secret code process again.
How to ARM/DISARM the Briefcase Alarm?
- Press F twice and you will see the RED LED flash for 5 seconds. The Briefcase Alarm will then be in ARMED mode.
- If you press F & the correct 4-digit secret code, you will hear two beeps and the alarm will have been disarmed successfully.
- If the incorrect secret code is keyed-in, two brief warning beeps will sound, you can continuously key-in the correct 4-digit secret code without pressing F.
- If your 4-digit secret code is incorrectly keyed-in 3 times in a row, the alarm will sound automatically.
How to Use the Briefcase Alarm?
- After arming the Briefcase Alarm, the unit will be able to detect the vibrations and/or movements to your belongings. A “beep” tone will sound to alert users that someone is moving the Briefcase Alarm. If there is no vibration/movement within the next 2 seconds, that unit will return to the ARMED mode.
- If the unit continuously detects two or more vibrations/movements within a 2 second period, then an alarm will go sound following a 3 second delay period.
- Follow the above instruction to DISARM the alarm.
How to Select Alarm Sound?
- There are 3 different alarm sounds, SIREN, TELEPHONE RING & AMBULANCE, for your selection.
- Make sure the unit is NOT in its ARMED mode. Press 1 first, then to press F. The LED light will flash twice for every 1 second. At this point you can select the alarm sound. Press 1 to have SIREN for your alarm sound. Press 2 to have TELEPHONE for your alarm sound. Press 3 to have AMBULANCE for your alarm sound.
- After selecting the alarm sound, the alarm will sound off for a two seconds demonstration. This is simply for your personal reference.
How to Select the Alarm Time?
- There are 3 different alarm-times, 10 secs, 20 secs & 30 secs, for your selection.
- Make sure the unit is NOT in its ARMED mode. Press 2 first, then to press F. The LED light will flash twice for every 1 second. Now you can start to select the alarm-time. Press 1 to set the alarm-time for 10 seconds. Press 2 to set the alarm-time for 20 seconds. Press 3 to set the alarm-time for 30 seconds.
- The initial alarm-time is set for 20 seconds.
How to use Briefcase Alarm as a Panic Alarm?
- After continuously pressing F for more than 2 seconds, the alarm will immediately go off into its PANIC mode.
- When Briefcase Alarm is armed, the alarm will go off for 20 seconds (initial alarm-time) if an unauthorized person (thief) attempt; to open the battery cover or cut the wire.
- Under the ARMED mode, one beep and the flashing of RED LED every 20 seconds will remind you that the battery is weak and should be replaced with fresh batteries.
- You must enter the secret code within the 5-second time limit or the Briefcase Alarm will automatically revert to the pre-existing secret code.
- When pressing the buttons on the face of the Briefcase Alarm, a beep must be audible after each button selection. If a beep is not heard, the button has not been properly entered. This process is similar to dialing a phone number on a phone keypad.
- When replace new batteries, the secret code will be erased, so you have to re-set 4 digit secret codes after replacing batteries.
- If user forgets secret code, please remove batteries & install the batteries again. The old secret code would be erased. New secret code can be set again.